Infant Toddler Program
First Day: What to Bring
- Diaper cream and Permission to Administer Medication (Optional)
- Pacifier (Optional)
- Weather appropriate clothes for outside time (sunhats, coats, water resistant mittens, snow pants, and boots)
- Two complete outfit changes including socks
- Small blanket and pillow
- Two swaddler/sleep sacks for infants under 12 months of age
- Two pairs of shoes, one for indoor use only and one for outdoor use only
- Individual pre-made bottles (formula or breast milk) for as many feedings as your infant will need during the day at Learning Village
- Optional medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin for us to administer after receiving your prior authorization and dosage directions
- Jar food if your child is not yet eating table foods
- A picture of each adult, sibling, and close relative in your family as well as a 4×6 family photo
- Email address for the primary caregiver to send newsletters, recalls, and other important information
- 7:00 – 8:25 Arrival and Morning Activities
- 8:25 – 8:45 Hand Washing followed by Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:30 Breakfast Clean Up/Diaper Changes/Hand Washing/Large Group Activities
- 9:30 – 10:15 Free Choice
- 10:15 – 10:45 Small Group
- 10:45 – 11:00 Self-Help Skills/Getting Dressed for Outside
- 11:00 – 11:25 Outside**
- 11:30 – 12:00 Lunch/Diaper Changes/Tooth Brushing/Gum Wiping (Infants)
- 12:00 – 2:45 Nap Time (Length Varies)
- 1:30 – 2:30 Small Toy/Art Activities
- 2:30 – 3:00 Diaper Changes/Hand Washing
- 3:00 – 3:20 Snack
- 3:20 – 4:30 Free Choice
- 4:30 – 5:30 Outside Time**/Diaper Changes/Hand Washing
- 5:30 – 6:00 Departure
** If the weather permits we go outside twice a day. We stay inside if the temperature is above 90 or below 20 degrees Fahrenheit or if it is excessively windy, rainy, or snowy.
Small toy activities and large motor activities are intermixed throughout the day. The teachers focus on the child’s interests when planning for the daily activities. Frequent diaper changes are planned throughout the day.
Parts of Our Day
Large Group time is a time for the children to interact with all of the children in the group. During this time the children may be involved in a structured game or music and movement activity.
The children wash their hands when they arrive in the morning, before and after meal times, and after coming back inside from playing outside.
Small group time is more of an adult initiated activity. But, the children are encouraged to contribute their own ideas on how to use the materials.
The children all sit around the table with a caregiver for meal time.
The purpose of outside time is for the children to work on gross motor skills, enjoy the nature, and engage in a different sort of play than they are able to engage in inside.
Time for a Walk
If the playground is really muddy or we want a change the children will go on a walk around the neighborhood.
The sensory table allows the infants and toddlers to experience many different textures. In the picture above there is colored grass and sea shells in the sensory table. Sometimes there will be dry oatmeal, water, spaghetti, etc.
Art activities allow the children to be creative and use their language in drawing, painting, etc.